Posted to alt.home.repair
ls02 ls02 is offline

Default Do I really need 200 A main service?

On Dec 5, 11:37*am, (Una) wrote:
To me, the current supply sounds more than adequate. *Details matter,
though.

It makes a huge difference how many people live in the house. *Is it
3000 square feet and 2 people, or 3000 square feet and 20 people?
Do you expect to run the A/C at full blast and the sauna at the same
time? *Look at your monthly electric bills for usage, then consider
what units are consuming the electricity, and on what schedule. *Do
you have consistent periods of peak demand? *Are those peaks big or
small? *In other words, is your usage spread over the day or bursty?

* * * * Una

Five people live in house: two adults and three kids. New A/C will air
condition new addition plus part of the existing house. I cannot speak
of peak demand. I also at least in theory should consider that both A/
C and the sauna or steam generator may run together at a time. One
thing I can speak for su although workshop sub-panel is rated for
50 A the only person who uses it is me and I run max two tools at a
time rarely exeeding 20 A together.