Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Do I really need 200 A main service?

On 12/5/2010 10:46 AM, Bob Villa wrote:
On Dec 5, 9:26 am, wrote:

Wow, that's pretty funny. Of all the reasons one might find to upgrade an
electric service, "electric vehicles are on the way", is certainly not one I
would have thought of. I suppose with the new "Volt" coming out with it's
revolutionary 40 miles (best case scenario) on a charge, people will be just
tripping over each other to buy one. We electricians will be backlogged for
the next ten years trying to upgrade everyone's service to accommodate these
technological wonders.

What a "short sighted" statement...you must still have a V-8 in your
machine?!

I'd like to own a RWD V-8 again before they outlaw them....
Sadly, other than maybe in a used beater pickup (which I don't have
anyplace to park, and can't justify the dollars for the 3 times a year I
NEED a pickup), they are already out of my price range. :^(

Probably best that I ain't rich. Gas prices are doing the 3 steps
forward, 2 steps back routine around here for the last few months, and
just passed north of 3 bucks a gallon again. I hope we don't get north
of 4 bucks a gallon again anytime soon, but I am not optimistic.

--
aem sends...