Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do I really need 200 A main service?

On Dec 5, 11:27*am, "RBM" wrote:
"Bob Villa" wrote in message

On Dec 5, 9:26 am, "RBM" wrote:

Wow, that's pretty funny. Of all the reasons one might find to upgrade an
electric service, "electric vehicles are on the way", is certainly not one
would have thought of. I suppose with the new "Volt" coming out with it's
revolutionary 40 miles (best case scenario) on a charge, people will be
just
tripping over each other to buy one. We electricians will be backlogged
for
the next ten years trying to upgrade everyone's service to accommodate
these
technological wonders.

What a "short sighted" statement...you must still have a V-8 in your
machine?!

Relatively speaking, the cork in a wine bottle has seen more improvement in
the last 100 years, then the electric car. No, I don't think we'll all be
running out and buying them anytime soon. *And if I had a need for a V-8, I
would have a V-8

well electric cars are coming and at home resale time lack of capacity
could discourage buyers. its not just the volt or the telsa, its the
nissan leaf and others.theres a plug in version of the prius coming
too.

electricity is more green than other energy sources, since its made in
bulk and that makes scrubbing its exhaust easier. let alone solar
panels and windmills..........

if your room addition needs a sub panel i would upgrade to 200 amps
now, the cost of electrical upgrade is a tiny part of a big home
addition......