Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Panasonic Viera TV ****-up

On Dec 4, 8:41*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
Any recommendations for a good, solid, non-crazy TV NG?

I am royally ****ed with the new 32" I bought through Amazon. *My
SMART neighbor helped me set it up.
Yes, we have all the plugs in the right places.

I want to return it, but am afraid to check the cost w/post office,
FedEx, etc.

Weird!!! *Have to dance between *#1. *old remote *from Verizon, and
#2. new remote from Panasonic.

Here's what happened:

We were having trouble installing/receiving/channels on the
Panasonic. *So friend suggested bypassing the Verizon box ($15.99/mo
rental) because the new TV has its own receiver.

Result:

#2. *Panasonic remote; Will govern Volume and Mute, but does not have
the handy Information button (tells you what's playing, e.g. with
movies, date, subject, stars, etc.) ****Most important:*** *Will NOT
change channels or allow channel input with keys. *We read through the
manual umpty times, but never found a way to acquire channels. * Can
it be possible that one has to add channels one by one, for a total of
500+?

(BTW, The Panasonic remote looks and acts cheesy compared to the old
remote.)

So we reinstalled the Verizon box:

Result:

#1 (Verizon Remote) will change stations as before, but will not
govern Volume, Mute or a great function: instant taping while program
is on (press the red button). *These and some other functions are
disabled.

I have tried to find answers on the Panasonic sites, but no luck as
yet

So if anybody here has a clue, would like to hear from you.

And/or if anybody knows a reliable, no-nonsense NG where I could post
my dilemma, please post.

1000 thanks!

HB

You can get it back to base camp by going to "menu" then "setup" and
then select "shipping condition". All your settings and data is
erased.