Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Billiard table cushion problem solved (metal related)

"Gunner Asch" wrote

Got both snooker balls and the same size balls in 8 ball configuration.
Tiny little *******s G

I used to play snooker a lot. When I was a kid, the youth center had three
pool tables, one snooker and one billiard. You had to work your way up to
the snooker table. You had to be tall as a cue stick to play. If you
knocked a ball off a regular table, you had a one hour penalty. If you
knocked a second one off, you had a one day penalty from that time of day.
If you knocked a snooker ball off, you had an immediate one day penalty.
Period.

I used to play "golf" and "insurance" on a snooker table for money when I
used to play a lot, and I liked to just go in and practice with a set of 2
1/8" regular set of balls (yellow one, black eight, etc), and would play for
hours by myself, kind of a Zen thing. Slows your stroke down.

We did an old HOA last month, and their pool room had three snooker, one
billiard, and six regulation pool tables, all Brunswick. Whoever put it
together was a pool player. The place was "manufactured homes", but was the
nicest I have ever seen in Las Vegas. HUGE HUGE rec area and pool and
interior rooms. Those old Brunswicks are about $3500 each now.

I am going to have to work on the wife, and perhaps even build a room for
the snooker table, but if I make a million on the book, I'll just add it on
to the shop.

I'm serious. I'll keep it filed in my brain. And I need a couple of other
items that I will be contacting you about soon.

Steve