Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New gas furnace/AC recommendations?

On Dec 4, 10:52*am, Home Guy wrote:
mm wrote:
Can someone explain why you need a contractor to install a
furnace? If you're a real red-blooded, meat-eating man who
knows how to swing a

Hey, that's me!

Yes, and we both still run windows 98. *Because I'm that type of "Guy".

That sure puts a perspective on things. Windows 98 was notoriously
crash prone,
difficult to protect from a security standpoint and everyone I know
was happy to see
it replaced by newer OS's that were far superior. There is no
comparison to current
OS products. What exactly do you have against the new OS's?

Then we have the fact that with just about any new PC you buy today,
you wind up
getting the latest OS included as part of the price. HP is selling a
midrange computer
with an AMD Phenom II quad core, 4GB of RAM, 650MB of disk, CD ROM
drive, Win 7
Microsoft Office and Norton Internet Security for $425 with free
shipping, So, either you're re-installing
Win98 on new computers, which seems rather improbable given the lack
of Win98 drivers for
current hardware, or you're still using a 15 to 20 year old PC. Still
on dialup too?