Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Sunworshipper[_3_] Sunworshipper[_3_] is offline

Default Gloat Electric Motor

Well that is, if it is fixable. 7.5 HP Baldor Industrial Motor 110 to
440V 1725 rpm free !

The shaft won't turn all the way around by hand, but it has grease
zerts. This should be big enough for generating power for the whole
property minus the washer and dryer. Plus could switch for my
imaginary 330 and 440 machines in the future. Now for the small diesel
and learn bio-fuel aka veggy oil.

Just got it, any good sites on procedures, never took apart one this
size before. I think I have one puller to my name so I'm thinking this
might be a project. Hopefully it doesn't have obvious magic smoke loss
on the inside.

Seems like every year we have high winds and the power is off for
days. Last time I fixed and set up two houses for other people before
I did mine. The main concern is running a 2 HP 220V well pump from
300' away. Or if I had to set it up by the main power feed. Yes I know
about back feed consideration, but what if the power goes out for
weeks?

SW