Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default Demolition breaker

On Dec 4, 3:47*pm, Tabby wrote:
I've been offered a demolition breaker for 50 notes - are they useful
for anything other than demolition?

You can dig with it. If it's only 50, a reasonable make, reasonable
life left in it and uses some source of power that you can supply,
then I'd go for it. I used one recently to trench concrete for SWA out
to a shed.

Mine is a Bosch (£1500 list today!) that I got in an auction for a
tenner. Great deal, except that it's 400Hz (ex RAF Regiment,
bizarrely) and it cost me £60 for a ex-mil generator to drive it
(Anchor, couldn't give them away). Paid for itself on the first job
though.