Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Demolition breaker

I've been offered a demolition breaker for 50 notes - are they useful
for anything other than demolition? I assume not, but thougth I'd
ask Its about 10kg.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tabby wrote:
I've been offered a demolition breaker for 50 notes - are they useful
for anything other than demolition? I assume not, but thougth I'd
ask Its about 10kg.

What make?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tabby wrote:

I've been offered a demolition breaker for 50 notes - are they useful
for anything other than demolition? I assume not, but thougth I'd
ask Its about 10kg.

It's conceivable that in the right circumstances it would do a better
job than an angle grinder.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 4, 3:47*pm, Tabby wrote:
I've been offered a demolition breaker for 50 notes - are they useful
for anything other than demolition?

You can dig with it. If it's only 50, a reasonable make, reasonable
life left in it and uses some source of power that you can supply,
then I'd go for it. I used one recently to trench concrete for SWA out
to a shed.

Mine is a Bosch (£1500 list today!) that I got in an auction for a
tenner. Great deal, except that it's 400Hz (ex RAF Regiment,
bizarrely) and it cost me £60 for a ex-mil generator to drive it
(Anchor, couldn't give them away). Paid for itself on the first job
though.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Tabby saying
something like:

I've been offered a demolition breaker for 50 notes - are they useful
for anything other than demolition? I assume not, but thougth I'd
ask Its about 10kg.

Heap big tool, buy.

Even if you never use it, it's worthwhile getting it just to have it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 4, 3:55*pm, "The Medway Handyman" davidno-spam-
wrote:
Tabby wrote:
I've been offered a demolition breaker for 50 notes - are they useful
for anything other than demolition? I assume not, but thougth I'd
ask Its about 10kg.

What make?

Unfortunately its a McAllister, unlike the other stuff, mostly dewalt.
I'm kinda torn between passing on it, I dont do much demolition, but
there is one demo job to do at some point, and it seems a fair option
cost wise.

FWIW it comes with the bits.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 4, 6:33*pm, Andy Dingley wrote:
On Dec 4, 3:47*pm, Tabby wrote:

I've been offered a demolition breaker for 50 notes - are they useful
for anything other than demolition?

You can dig with it. If it's only 50, a reasonable make, reasonable
life left in it and uses some source of power that you can supply,
then I'd go for it. I used one recently to trench concrete for SWA out
to a shed.

Mine is a Bosch (£1500 list today!) that I got in an auction for a
tenner. Great deal, except that it's 400Hz (ex RAF Regiment,
bizarrely) and it cost me £60 for a ex-mil generator to drive it
(Anchor, couldn't give them away). Paid for itself on the first job
though.

Its 240v, so no problems there. Sounds like you got a deal.

I know they use 400Hz on planes, but cant imagine needing a demo
breaker on a plane.

NT

Electric BBQ breaks GFI 20 Amp breaker yet works fine with non-GFI breaker. BoyntonStu Home Repair 10 May 26th 07 06:56 PM
Demolition miamicuse Home Repair 11 March 30th 06 12:35 AM
A/C Unit Keeps Tripping Circuit Breaker - How to test breaker before calling repair man? C5Ya Home Repair 10 August 26th 05 07:34 PM
Circuit breaker tester maps to wrong breaker!! Joe Doe Home Repair 7 November 30th 04 01:47 AM