Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New gas furnace/AC recommendations?

I am simply awestruck. There are very few REAL MEN in this world of
drive up food, and everyone talking on cell phones, and planning to
"do lunch" on the PDA. You have my respect (not really).

Of course, after you put your new copper AC tubing in with compression
fittings and duct tape, it should run just fine. Service valves to
open? What's that? We don't need no steenkin service valves. Cut em
out with a Sawzall! Freon recovery? Real Men (TM) don't do that kind
of wimpy stuff.

I am humbled by your greatness.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Home Guy"
wrote in message ...

Can someone explain why you need a contractor to install a furnace?

If you're a real red-blooded, meat-eating man who knows how to swing a
hammer, turn a wrench and wire a branch circuit, then you most
certainly
can connect a few wires and bend some sheet metal and get a furnace
installed, and most of the A/C as well (assuming you need a new A/C
unit).

If I could wind back the clock and play a role in installing my
furnace
and AC, I'd install a bypass duct so that my furnace fan doesn't have
blow air through the AC coils in the winter.

If I *had* to buy a new furnace - then I'd buy a new furnace, gut the
**** out of it (rip out the electronics, ECM motor and ignitor) and
install conventional AC motor and standing pilot light, then I'd
install
the thing myself.