Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Way skirts question for Iggy

Ignoramus13782 wrote:

On 2010-12-04, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus13782 fired this volley in
:

Maybe you could use thicker neoprene, I think that I use 1/8"
rubber. I think that coolant can damage neoprene.

"They" say that neoprene is oil resistant, but I didn't check on
vegetable oil! duh

I think the softness and thin-ness combined were responsible. A stiffer,
thicker skirt could not have gotten pinched like that.

Might also be the way it folds and unfolds as the table moves.

Expensive lesson, it was. That darned stuff was almost $50. It lasted
two hours.

Sux!

Not as expensive as crashing bits, though. I've taken to wax-proofing
all my parts on the first run of some new code.

Whet EMC2 gives me in this regard is toolpath preview, it helps quite
a bit.

Dry runs over the part with Z inhibit on are a good idea as well.