The Natural Philosopher

Default Advice on bathroom lighting in shallow false ceiling

wrote:

N. Thornton wrote:

I wouldnt recommend these downlighters myself. They're in vogue at the
mo, but sooner or later will be uninstalled in large numbers due to
their downsides. Its only a matter of time.

Well the sample I've seen I quite like, though I don't in general like
downlighters I think they do work quite well in bathrooms.

In most cases I'd put spots on the wall and point them up at the
ceiling. Pick spots that you can put ordinary CFLs in. Better
lighting, much more energy efficient, no glare.

... and very unsuitable for a bathroom surely.

Nigel does seem to be quite *intense* in his opinions.
Unlike his lighting solutions.

Go with what you like. I found most of this stuff doesn't illuminate
wide areas well, hence use lots.

Fire risk taken care of by using plasterboard.