Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Brad point drill bits

wrote

Lee valley has ALL their stuff made for them, last I heard. They don't
have the forges etc required to manufacture the stuff. It will be made
for them, to their spec - not relabelled from someone else.

Define "made for them". Lee Valley does not manufacture, but they have a
division that does.
From the Lee Valley web site
Veritas® Tools (our research, development and manufacturing division)
continues to be one of the most innovative hand-tool design firms in the
world, producing unique and high-quality products.

Like every manufacturer, some parts are usually made by others. I've never
been to their facilities to see what they have and what they buy, but I'd
guess a mix. Companies that maker heaters or air conditioners buy motors.
GM buys tons of parts, etc. Veritas my be buying forgings.