Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Way skirts question for Iggy

On 2010-12-04, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

[ ... ]

I have a quandry. I have absolutely NO programming information on the
Boss-9 extended codes. I'm good up to 89, but there are some 70s codes
and a lot of them over G100. Although I've seen a few sample code
snippets using them, so far they don't produce the part expected.

Am I stuck with RS-274 codes, only?

Anybody got a programming tutorial that explains the Bridgeport Boss-9
extended codes? The only Series I programming manual I can find stops at
Boss-8, and the G170s aren't in there.

I think that the BOSS-8 *may* still be using stepper motors as
did the BOSS-3 through BOSS-6 and that was controlled by a LSI-11 CPU.
(And yes, that was properly spelled with all upper case -- an acronym
for "Bridgeport Operations System Software" according to the early
manuals.

When they moved to servos they must have had to change the CPU,
and probably had the ability (and experience by then) to add lots of
extra features.

I wonder whether Iggy's collection of scanned Bridgeport manuals
includes the programming of the BOSS-9.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564