Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Way skirts question for Iggy

Ignoramus13782 fired this volley in
:

Maybe you could use thicker neoprene, I think that I use 1/8"
rubber. I think that coolant can damage neoprene.

"They" say that neoprene is oil resistant, but I didn't check on
vegetable oil! duh

I think the softness and thin-ness combined were responsible. A stiffer,
thicker skirt could not have gotten pinched like that.

Expensive lesson, it was. That darned stuff was almost $50. It lasted
two hours.

Not as expensive as crashing bits, though. I've taken to wax-proofing
all my parts on the first run of some new code.

LLoyd

LLoyd