Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Brad point drill bits

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 06:06:10 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

wrote.
Lew

You guys gotta remember, Craftsman doesn't MAKE the stuff, nor does
Granger, McMaster-Carr, Lee Valley,
They all either have them made to their spec or rebrand/package
product from other manufacturers.

.
Lee Valley is a partial exception to that. At least some of the Vertitas
stuff is made in house.

As for the brad boints, they state:
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...at=1,180,42240
Starting with a top-of-the-line American-made twist drill, we reshape and
sharpen the tips on a state-of-the-art Swiss CNC grinder. Made from
high-speed steel, the bits are not subject to burning, and stay sharp about
10 times as long as carbon steel bits.

Lee valley has ALL their stuff made for them, last I heard. They don't
have the forges etc required to manufacture the stuff. It will be made
for them, to their spec - not relabelled from someone else.