Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Brad point drill bits

On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 21:20:28 -0500, Bill wrote:

Where would you be shopping for brad point drill bits (for joinery)?

Don't know if there's a Woodcraft near you but they usually have bits in
various quality ranges. I have a set of very good HSS bits that I use
for critical stuff. For run of the mill drilling I use cheap bits and
toss them when they get dull.

Woodcraft has some cheap bits in a set. Ten each of the smaller sizes
and 5 each of the larger sizes. About 25 cents a bit. They also carry
the Colt on the high end of the quality range. Pretty good combination.