Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default Brad point drill bits

On 12/3/2010 8:21 AM, Jack Stein wrote:

I have a ton of twist drills ranging from super high quality to junk.
The difference is awe inspiring. I have one set of brad point bits that
I bought for those times when I wanted super clean holes with pin point
accuracy. I bought a set and rarely use them because I don't need them
most of the time and I bought a cheap set of Sears, that look just like
the one you list up there, but I'm certain I didn't pay $40 for them.
(it was a while ago)

Whats wrong with them is 50% of the reason I bought them was super clean
holes... not so much. I recommend you get the Lee Valley bits for just
$3 more. I don't own them, but they advertise they are sharp, (they
resharpen them themselves) and stay sharp, and people that own them have
said they like them. I own the Sears, and would recommend Lee Valley.

I find your experience compelling! Thank you for sharing it! It appears
I should probably have two sets, one for hogging-out waste and one
"good" set.

Bill