Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Blazer Smash

Thanks for sharing. I can easily understand the term Ginny luck. Glad
the two of you weren't hurt. And that you found another truck.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Pete Keillor" wrote in message

Sorry about your wreck, glad you're ok.

My brother and I call that "Ginny" luck. I had a roommate named
Norman Ginn who had all sorts of misadventures. He once told me "I
hate anybody telling me I'm lucky. They always do that right after
something really bad happens."

About a month ago, I killed my old '96 Suburban. I was taking my 28
yr old handicapped son to a dr. appt., he was protesting muchly, and I
was distracted. I didn't see the light on the cross street (I was on
an interstate feeder), got hit in the right rear, swapped ends, hit
the curb, and rolled once into a deep ditch. Made David's day. He
had a great time chatting up the EMT, fire, and police guys. Neither
of us was hurt, other than I had a slight abrasion and it aggravated
an old neck injury a little. The folks in the other car were ok too.
Yeah, we heard "lucky" a lot the next few days. I miss that car, it
was a good one.

It took me a week to find another ride. I looked at a lot of pickups,
but good ones are overpriced and few and far between around here. Got
a 2004 Suburban with only 74,000 miles for much less than blue book.
One owner, and almost not a mark on it. It'll do.

Pete Keillor