Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Blazer Smash

Yesterday about 3:45 PM, an 18 wheeler rig driver
hit me from behind. I was going 53 MPH, he was
going much faster than that. My four door Blazer
fishtailed, and then went up on its side. Slid for a
while, and came to rest. The rig went into the ditch.
I got a courtesy ambulance ride (yeah, they will
demand money). And a hospital visit. This
essentially guarantees the next three to four weeks
of searching for another car, gulping ibuprophen,
dealing with insurance companies (better make
that double vicodin!) and more hassle.

The insurance company the other driver put on
the police report. They don't recognize the name
of the transportation company. My agent is going
to make a couple calls tomorrow. It will be interesting
to see. I sense trouble. Might be tough to get any
money out of them.

This is not a good way to spend Christmas season.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yesterday about 3:45 PM, an 18 wheeler rig driver
hit me from behind. I was going 53 MPH, he was
going much faster than that. My four door Blazer
fishtailed, and then went up on its side. Slid for a
while, and came to rest. The rig went into the ditch.
I got a courtesy ambulance ride (yeah, they will
demand money). And a hospital visit. This
essentially guarantees the next three to four weeks
of searching for another car, gulping ibuprophen,
dealing with insurance companies (better make
that double vicodin!) and more hassle.

The insurance company the other driver put on
the police report. They don't recognize the name
of the transportation company. My agent is going
to make a couple calls tomorrow. It will be interesting
to see. I sense trouble. Might be tough to get any
money out of them.

This is not a good way to spend Christmas season.

Sounds like you're not too banged up, certainly could be a lot worse
with an 80,000# enema. I wouldn't worry too much about the other
insurance as long as your insurance is ok. If it is, your insurance will
take care of you and their lawyers will go after the other company.
Transport operations seem to have a lot of sub names and dbas, so it may
be a relatively simple issue.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

For sure, that was a heck of a shot in the ass, for
me. I'm still on ibuprophen, and expect to be for a
couple days. by the Grace of God, I wasn't crippled,
or killed.

That's what my agent said, sometimes they run
under different names. she's going to make some
calls, tomorrow.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Pete C."
wrote in message
ster.com...

Sounds like you're not too banged up, certainly could be a lot worse
with an 80,000# enema. I wouldn't worry too much about the other
insurance as long as your insurance is ok. If it is, your insurance
will
take care of you and their lawyers will go after the other company.
Transport operations seem to have a lot of sub names and dbas, so it
may
be a relatively simple issue.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
For sure, that was a heck of a shot in the ass, for
me. I'm still on ibuprophen, and expect to be for a
couple days. by the Grace of God, I wasn't crippled,
or killed.

That's what my agent said, sometimes they run
under different names. she's going to make some
calls, tomorrow.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Pete C."
wrote in message
ster.com...

Sounds like you're not too banged up, certainly could be a lot worse
with an 80,000# enema. I wouldn't worry too much about the other
insurance as long as your insurance is ok. If it is, your insurance
will
take care of you and their lawyers will go after the other company.
Transport operations seem to have a lot of sub names and dbas, so it
may
be a relatively simple issue.

Sorry to hear about your accident. You shouldn't be typing with all that
neck and back pain.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete C. wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

(...)

This is not a good way to spend Christmas season.

(...)

If it is, your insurance will
take care of you and their lawyers will go after the other company.
Transport operations seem to have a lot of sub names and dbas, so it may
be a relatively simple issue.

Pete, this is car insurance, yes?

Stormin, be prepared for a call from your agent
who tells you that you have no claim, since you
obviously backed into the stopped tractor at 75 MPH.

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Yesterday about 3:45 PM, an 18 wheeler rig driver
hit me from behind. I was going 53 MPH, he was
going much faster than that. My four door Blazer
fishtailed, and then went up on its side. Slid for a
while, and came to rest. The rig went into the ditch.

If you're still on the top side of the grass after tangling with an 18
wheeler, count your blessings. That's your real Christmas present this year.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 10:26:02 +0100, "Steve Lusardi"
wrote:

That sucks. You are lucky. It could have been much worse. Keep us posted as things transpire.
Steve

Sorry about your wreck, glad you're ok.

My brother and I call that "Ginny" luck. I had a roommate named
Norman Ginn who had all sorts of misadventures. He once told me "I
hate anybody telling me I'm lucky. They always do that right after
something really bad happens."

About a month ago, I killed my old '96 Suburban. I was taking my 28
yr old handicapped son to a dr. appt., he was protesting muchly, and I
was distracted. I didn't see the light on the cross street (I was on
an interstate feeder), got hit in the right rear, swapped ends, hit
the curb, and rolled once into a deep ditch. Made David's day. He
had a great time chatting up the EMT, fire, and police guys. Neither
of us was hurt, other than I had a slight abrasion and it aggravated
an old neck injury a little. The folks in the other car were ok too.
Yeah, we heard "lucky" a lot the next few days. I miss that car, it
was a good one.

It took me a week to find another ride. I looked at a lot of pickups,
but good ones are overpriced and few and far between around here. Got
a 2004 Suburban with only 74,000 miles for much less than blue book.
One owner, and almost not a mark on it. It'll do.

Pete Keillor

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Hi Stormin,
Happy your ok, glad to see all the love your getting from the group. :-)
MikeK

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You know. The way this is shaping up, I can imagine that.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Winston"
wrote in message ...

Stormin, be prepared for a call from your agent
who tells you that you have no claim, since you
obviously backed into the stopped tractor at 75 MPH.

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Yes, I do believe God in Heaven was looking out for me. Glad I wasn't
driving a clown car. They could have removed me from the truck grille
with a burger flipper.

Update: My insurance agent and I called in a claim. The company listed
on my accident report. They deny having a customer with the name, the
name printed on my accident report. Hmm.

Update: I spent an hour or so, cleaning what I could get out of the
wreck. Found my eye glasses in the back seat. Still have not found the
lock pick set I have been carrying for the last twenty years. Bought
some totes at Walmart. going back, to get what other stuff I can get
out of the wreck.

Note: When on the scene, be sure to take all the pictures you want,
before getting into the ambulance. They won't let you out of the
ambulance, and the truck will be removed when you get back to the
scene. You only have about a minute to get pictures.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

So, so true. I could easily be crippled or dead.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...

If you're still on the top side of the grass after tangling with an 18
wheeler, count your blessings. That's your real Christmas present this
year.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Thanks for sharing. I can easily understand the term Ginny luck. Glad
the two of you weren't hurt. And that you found another truck.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

For sure. Some lists would have been pouring virtual gasoline on me.
These folks here are a good lot.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"amdx" wrote in message

Hi Stormin,
Happy your ok, glad to see all the love your getting from the group.
:-)
MikeK

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 3, 6:20*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Update: I spent an *hour or so, cleaning what I could get out of the
wreck. Found my eye glasses in the back seat. Still have not found the
lock pick set I have been carrying for the last twenty years.
--

Don't look for the lock pick set. The tow truck driver took care of it
for you!

Glad you are still able to write about it and I can almost hear you
laughing.

Good luck, Paul

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
For sure. Some lists would have been pouring virtual gasoline on me.

These folks here are a good lot.

Well I wouldn't go that far! ;-)

"amdx" wrote in message

Hi Stormin,
Happy your ok, glad to see all the love your getting from the group.
:-)
MikeK

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

When I was learning to drive my Dad told me: "Trucks ALWAYS have the right
of way! Truck drivers are often tired, easily distracted, can't stop easily
and you have to just stay far away from them." Don't buy any Lotto tickets,
you need a luck recharge for a while. And, trucks ALWAYS have the right of
way!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
For sure. Some lists would have been pouring virtual gasoline on me.
These folks here are a good lot.

Why waste the real stuff....

Glad you made it out OK. Did you make the news?

Looking for a replacement ride yet? Make a good offer on the 2002
sitting out front and it could be yours...

--
Steve W.
Cooperstown Area
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 22:28:07 -0500, "Steve W."
wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
For sure. Some lists would have been pouring virtual gasoline on me.
These folks here are a good lot.

Why waste the real stuff....

Glad you made it out OK. Did you make the news?

Looking for a replacement ride yet? Make a good offer on the 2002
sitting out front and it could be yours...

I'm still trying to figure out what a religious fanatic is doing with
lock picks. Just sayin...

--
"Human nature itself is evermore an advocate for liberty.
There is also in human nature a resentment of injury, and
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
For sure. Some lists would have been pouring virtual gasoline on me.
These folks here are a good lot.

Why waste the real stuff....

Glad you made it out OK. Did you make the news?

Looking for a replacement ride yet? Make a good offer on the 2002
sitting out front and it could be yours...

I'm still trying to figure out what a religious fanatic is doing with
lock picks. Just sayin...

Don't know and don't care as long as he isn't using them as a thief.

I carry most of my lock tools in my vehicle because you never know when
someone will get locked out. Plus being a FF/EMT it is nice to open a
locked door to get inside to a patient rather than kick in the door,
Plus they seem to like us more when we don't break things...
BUT I haven't been involved in the trade for a bunch of years.

--
Steve W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Yesterday about 3:45 PM, an 18 wheeler rig driver
hit me from behind. I was going 53 MPH, he was
going much faster than that. My four door Blazer
fishtailed, and then went up on its side. Slid for a
while, and came to rest. The rig went into the ditch.

If you're still on the top side of the grass after tangling with an 18
wheeler, count your blessings. That's your real Christmas present this year.

I see you made it. I enjoyed your visit and the chance to talk to
you and your wife. Enjoy your time in Florida.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Yeah, at 3.09, no sense wasting. Are you fairly close to Rochester,
NY? Reading some more. Cooperstown, that would be NYS? May I email you
off list? I'll NOT send to your spamblock adress.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve W." wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
For sure. Some lists would have been pouring virtual gasoline on me.
These folks here are a good lot.

Why waste the real stuff....

Glad you made it out OK. Did you make the news?

Looking for a replacement ride yet? Make a good offer on the 2002
sitting out front and it could be yours...

--
Steve W.
Cooperstown Area

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hint: Think about doors slammed and locked in my face.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

I'm still trying to figure out what a religious fanatic is doing with
lock picks. Just sayin...

--
"Human nature itself is evermore an advocate for liberty.
There is also in human nature a resentment of injury, and
indignation against wrong. A love of truth and a veneration
of virtue. These amiable passions, are the latent spark. If
the people are capable of understanding, seeing and feeling
the differences between true and false, right and wrong,
virtue and vice, to what better principle can the friends of
mankind apply than to the sense of this difference?"
--John Adams

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Of course, he (or you) could ask. But, that would be too simple.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve W."
wrote in message ...

Don't know and don't care as long as he isn't using them as a thief.

I carry most of my lock tools in my vehicle because you never know
when
someone will get locked out. Plus being a FF/EMT it is nice to open a
locked door to get inside to a patient rather than kick in the door,
Plus they seem to like us more when we don't break things...
BUT I haven't been involved in the trade for a bunch of years.

--
Steve W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You're so kind. And what a surprise. I didn't know I was visiting
Florida. Disney world?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

I see you made it. I enjoyed your visit and the chance to talk to
you and your wife. Enjoy your time in Florida.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked
off
scientist!!!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Yeah, at 3.09, no sense wasting. Are you fairly close to Rochester,
NY? Reading some more. Cooperstown, that would be NYS? May I email you
off list? I'll NOT send to your spamblock adress.

I do check it as it is a real address as long as you take NOT out. I
have at least 7 email addresses and use different ones depending on the
machine I'm on. That way I can tell if one gets hit by just watching the
spam count.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

This is not a good way to spend Christmas season.

Better than in a hospital bed or a grave.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

OK, you didn't give me permission to email there, so I won't. Thanks,
anyhow. Glad you wrote.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve W." wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Yeah, at 3.09, no sense wasting. Are you fairly close to Rochester,
NY? Reading some more. Cooperstown, that would be NYS? May I email
you
off list? I'll NOT send to your spamblock adress.

I do check it as it is a real address as long as you take NOT out. I
have at least 7 email addresses and use different ones depending on
the
machine I'm on. That way I can tell if one gets hit by just watching
the
spam count.

--
Steve W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
OK, you didn't give me permission to email there, so I won't. Thanks,
anyhow. Glad you wrote.

Sure I did. Just remove NOT.

--
Steve W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I went back and read -- I sure don't see it. Well, anyhow.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus