Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default No Salute for Staff Sergeant Giunta?

On Dec 3, 12:15*am, Hawke wrote:
On 12/1/2010 10:01 PM, Libtardopia Lost wrote:

"Steve *wrote in message

"Bill *wrote in message

Don Foreman wrote:

Truth is, the CIC doesn't have to salute anybody if
he doesn't want to.

And apparantly he chooses not to salute even a soldier *receiving the
country's highest decoration. *Some CIC!

* * *Coward In Charge?

it is astounding that you militaristic bigots feel that receiving the
medal, along with a speech honoring his actions is insufficient, and that
a civilian must give a gratuitous and unnatural hand gesture to appease
YOUR misplaced sense of honor. *The good sergeant can speak for himself
if he feels offended. *I honor his actions. *You are attempting to impugn
his honor and this country with trivialities. *Perhaps you have forgotten
that at this time we are a country governed by civilians. If you want a
country where salutes are mandatory, there are countries where the
military is in charge - take your idiocy there and begone.

Obama reminds me of Bill Clinton when it comes to military protocol. *And
Bill Clinton reminded me of *Rufus T. Firefly. *(as portrayed by Groucho
Marx)

I have never ever been in the military, and I would salute the Sergeant
just out of respect for his office and his deeds.

Mr. Obama is woefully lacking in many areas.

Steve

IMHO, he didn't salute the hero because he had no idea of the custom. *Shame
on his handlers for not telling him his options. *I doubt the Sergeant cared
either way and probably would have rather been elsewhere.

It's not that Obama is lacking, he has performed a great service to this
country by showing that the reality of the left's ideas just don't work..
Now, let's see if the right will shoot themselves in the foot or do the
people's will.

Did you somehow miss it when the right was last in charge of things? It
was less than two years ago. The right ran things for most of the first
decade of the 21st century. In case you don't know, they just about
ruined us. But you think the same people will do a good job if you give
them another chance? You must have a lot of faith. I think they'll do
even worse. Look at their first move, insist on cutting the taxes for
the richest 2% and at the same time cut off unemployment benefits at
Christmas for people with no money and no jobs. Yeah, that's going to
help a lot.

Hawke- Hide quoted text -

You forgot to mention how they tried to starve small
children...conservatives are a real class act.

I suspect there is a special level of Hell waiting for them...

TMT