Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Brad point drill bits

"Bill" wrote in message
Was looking for a set of decent brad point drill bits. I found this
Craftsman set:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...block Type=G2

I know not everyone speaks highly of Craftsman quality... I'm hoping that
since they are 6 for $40, there are quite good (3/8" shanks). I get wary
when I see bits for between a quarter and $2 each. I guess the main
issue might be "run out".

Where would you be shopping for brad point drill bits (for joinery)?

Thanks,
Bill

Don't know if they are good or not as I've never tried them . Lee Valley
has some very good ones (made in USA last I looked) that were highly rated
in Fine Woodworking a few years back. I've been using them quite a while
and like them a lot.