Posted to alt.home.repair
RogerT RogerT is offline

Default Hot bus bar replacement?

wrote in message
On Dec 2, 3:39 pm, "RogerT" wrote:
But, before contacting the almost-next-door electric
company,

So instead of listening to the advice of a licensed contractor with
whom you've had satisfactory business relationship(s) before, you ask
the opinion of a bunch of strangers with no verifiable credentials?

I'm sure the contractor will tell you to replace the panel, and I know
deep down in your gullet, you know that's the correct course of
action. Quit trying to get someone to give you affirmation on your
cheap shortcut fix, and do it right.

+++++++++

You're right. Instead of asking the opinion of a bunch of strangers with no
verifiable credentials, I should take your advice. :-)

But, seriously..., I get a lot of good information here. And, from what I
have seen some of the people here writing over the years, it is pretty easy
to recognize that at least some people who post here have a lot of knowledge
and experience that they generously share. I also get good information here
from others whose names I may not have seen before, and whose credentials
are unknown to me, but who nevertheless post excellent information, ideas,
and suggestions that are really helpful. That's why I am here and I assume
that's why you are here.

I don't blindly listen to the advice of licensed contractors, or the people
here, or anyone else. What I like to do is learn as much as I can from a
number of different sources and then make a decision.