Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Choosing table saw

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 08:40:12 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Lobby Dosser wrote:

The Delta bench top saw has served me well, but I want to move on
to something better. I first looked at the mobile contractors
saws such as the De Walt 745. It got very good reviews. It sells
for ~$300. I also looked at the Ridgid R4512. It sells for $529,
but since I
am a veteran I can buy it for ~$475.

Home Depot discounts for vets?

Nope. Active Duty, and Retired. Not for vets.

http://fwd4.me/qzq "In February, Lowe's expanded its military
discount program to give all active, reserve, and retired military
members and their immediate family members a 10% discount everyday."

P.S: Retired = veteran, Mike.

Well - retired does equal veteran, but veteran does not equal retired.
Those of us who just got out after our hitch, or within a period less than
the 20 year reitrement threshold are not retired, by any definition. Both
HD and Lowes honor discounts to Active Duty, Reservists, (etc.) and Retired,
but not to regual veterans. The general rule of thumb is that a DOD issued
ID card is required. That said - store management discretion prevails.
Some will offer discounts to all vets, some have been known not to extend
them to even card carrying vets.

--

-Mike-