mttt

Default Which 6" jointer?

"NoNameAtAll" wrote in message

Anyway, I spent a couple hours last night comparing the specs for these
machines and frankly I don't see much of a difference. Of course, I'm not

sure
what I should be looking for in a jointer, so that inhibits my ability to
research them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. And thanks for

your
patience with all these newbie inquiries.

Know the feeling - the specs will be similar to identical. What you cannot
get a sense for is "quality". Does the fence move easily? Are the relevant
parts flat? Are the parts that need to be tight and in tolerance, tight and
in tolerance?

Even tho' many of the machines are similar in appearnce; similar in
construction - the higher priced ones are usually built to higher quality
standards.

The great value in jointers seemto be the around: Sunhill, Yorkcraft and
Grizzly.

Believe me I *know* what it's like to be on a budget - but the Jointer will
become a critical piece of machinery in your shop. And they do a good job of
holding their value. Don't go too cheap here. I managed to find a great
deal on the Jet 6" model and I find myself turning it on all of the time
now...