Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default No Salute for Staff Sergeant Giunta?

Bill Noble wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

Truth is, the CIC doesn't have to salute anybody if
he doesn't want to.

And apparantly he chooses not to salute even a soldier receiving the
country's highest decoration. Some CIC!

Coward In Charge?

it is astounding that you militaristic bigots feel that receiving the
medal, along with a speech honoring his actions is insufficient, and
that a civilian must give a gratuitous and unnatural hand gesture to
appease YOUR misplaced sense of honor. The good sergeant can speak for
himself if he feels offended. I honor his actions. You are attempting
to impugn his honor and this country with trivialities. Perhaps you
have forgotten that at this time we are a country governed by civilians.
If you want a country where salutes are mandatory, there are countries
where the military is in charge - take your idiocy there and begone.

Up yours, you spamming asshole.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!