Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Amount of lighting

On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 02:02:06 -0500, Bill wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Ayup, it's time to start cuttin' into that drywall if you didn't wire
for the entire ceiling. Add that switch while you're at it. 3 rows of
3 fixtures with 2 rows of 2 in between them, switched for even and odd
rows. 3' spacing between rows instead of 4', or go 2' from walls and
keep the 4' row spacing.

---- ---- ----
---- ---- (door side)
---- ---- ----
---- ----
---- ---- ----

It's closer to Lew's modeling (way too much, IMHO) but it's switchable
to avoid the need for sunglasses. Pure white EGGSHELL paint is the
perfect mix for reflection without glare or thrown shadows.

Larry,
Here are 2 more views of your vision implemented in SketchUp in case
anyone would like to see:

http://web.newsguy.com/MySite/

Cool! I assume that the two wrong-way lights are the existing backups?

I had to move a few bit to accommodate obstacles (like garage door
opener). The luminaires with electronic ballasts featuring "instant
start" and than 10% THD are about $40 each--lamps extra.

Total harmonic distortion in fluors? New one on me.

See if you can buy lamps and fixtures by the case from the electrical
distributor for a better price.

--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball!