Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus24652 Ignoramus24652 is offline

Default Question for Iggy

On 2010-12-01, Bob La Londe wrote:
Let me first say I don't disagree with your reasoning one bit. Just wanted
to point out that from another perspective for a different person another
machine might be a better starting choice depending on what they want to do.
I think it was a better starting point for me. I have 100% confidence now
that I can take a non working machine and turn it into a working machine.
If I had started out with the Hurco two years ago though I suspect it would
still be sitting under a tarp in the shop and I wouldn't have cut any parts
in all that time. Instead I used the Taig to make parts, and even to make
parts to take another small non-working machine and turn it into a working
machine. I will probably use the two mini machines to make any parts I need
to get the Hurco going too.

Is there something wrong with this Hurco?

What is its condition?

(I've even been playing with the idea of making mini machines for sale, but
incorporating some of the things I have learned to make them better for the
price.)