Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek Geldard Derek Geldard is offline

Default Cherry picker hire?

On 1 Dec 2010 16:17:47 GMT, Huge wrote:

On 2010-12-01, Jules Richardson wrote:
On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 15:19:31 +0000, Pete Zahut wrote:
So, I was thinking that maybe we could hire one of these van-mounted
cherry picker thingies that you see guys using for street lighting
maintenance. We should be able to park it in the place where I normally
park my car and no time spent erecting/stripping down means that we
could get the job done in the one day - much easier all round.

What are the hire prices like there? They're ridiculously expensive this
side of the Atlantic -

Probably because of the liability insurance...

A decorator fiend of mine hired one to paint the ceiling in the foyer
of a big office block.

He neglected to put the stays out.

It tipped over trapping him in the "bucket" on account of his ample
girth and all the acid ran out of the batteries and took the finish
off the marble floor.

Derek