Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat[_5_] Pat[_5_] is offline

Default Hot bus bar replacement?

But, my real question is whether it is possible or practical to just
replace the hot bus bar at the same time since the old one has heat damage
at a few places.

I had problems with a panel once. I went to a Electical shop and they had
bins full of parts salvaged from old panels. The guy rooted around and
found the exact part I needed and gave it to me.

I have experienced warm moist air from the house travelling up inside the
servace entrance conduit and then condensing when it reaches a cold spot.
The water then drips back down into the panel and causes it to fail. I
fixed the problem by sealing the bottom of the conduit where the wires enter
to prevent the warm moist air from entering.