Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Amount of lighting

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 20:40:02 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 20:19:28 -0500, wrote:

I'd put in lots of light - but "split density" - half of each light,
or every second light, on one switch, the other half on another switch
so you can have enough light to move around and do non-vision-critical
stuff with reduced lighting cost, and full bright light when you need
it.

Yabbut, Bill doesn't want to tear up any fresh drywall and had only
planned on wiring half his shop ceiling to begin with! I'm hoping he
reconsiders both options as absolutely necessary to his eventual
happiness.

That's why I pointed him towards Wiremold.

With dual ballast 4 lampers put the inners on one ballast (and
switch) and the outers on the second. Primary lighting would use the
outer tubes, full lighting all 4.

I'm not a fan of 4-lampers. Too much light in one area, more
expensive to run.

Split ballast 2 lampers are also available.