Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus24652 Ignoramus24652 is offline

Default Question for Iggy

My opinion only. Buying that Bridgeport Interact mill was NOT due to
my foresight, deep knowledge of CNC, or careful analysis of what
exactly I need. It was more of an element of dumb luck, combined with
an insight that a machine of this size is manageable, yet capable.

Most importantly, I was VERY attracted by the fact that the machine
did not seemingly need any physical retrofit (such as swapping lead
screws for ball screws and other such things). I am now of a very firm
opinion that doing physical retrofits is always suboptimal.

Knowing what I know now, I personally would stay away from any hobby
machines.