Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Amount of lighting

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 12:20:44 -0500, wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 01:28:01 -0500, wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Go fishin' lately?
http://www.harborfreight.com/3-16-in...kit-65327.html

Small holes, covered by the fixture the romex feeds to.

The last few times I needed something like this, I used a couple coat
hangers straightened-out and connected together end-to-end and
electrical tape (to attach the romex to the end). Whatsa matter, you
made a money? : )

If you use Lew's lighting density, you won't have money for the extra
romex OR this fishing kit, will ya?

Here I am, slaving over ways to save you some money and this is what I
get for my long and strenuous efforts?

I woke up this morning and realized my vision had been modified this
week. Thank you for your efforts to help me get it right and save me
money, and uh, uh, time! : ) The external wiremold cabling as has
been suggested would probably simplify my installation considerably too!

Bill,, maybe you should run it directly over of the lovely bevel you
created when installing thinner drywall on the bottom./rimshot

Thanks! I'm not even sure how it would look across my aging imitation
stucco'd ceiling. BTW, at this point, no bevel is evident; it was nice
of you to remember though.

Here's the idea I came up with during lunch.

Think of the shop in thirds: Left End/ Middle / Right End(door).

I think I'd usually want light on the Left End, near the benches,
anytime I was in the shop, and the rest too if I was using the TS or
other power tools in the middle or doing anything near the door.
Anything less could create a hazard (for the pedestrian).

So, I could use my new already installed "master light switch" to
control all of the lighting and then think figure out how to add a new
switch for the latter 2/3 of the lights. The latter switch would also be
dependent, of course, on the master switch.

The "master light switch" is right next to the door, so it is just where
one would want it.

I still have my existing two fluorescent fixtures, powered by a separate
electrical panel, as back-up for some types of emergencies.

Task lighting, extra!

Bill