Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Homophobia USA

On 11/30/2010 11:10 PM, DGDevin wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
news
Legally, the president can't end DADT with an executive order or
military command. DADT is federal law (10 USC 654).

"Legally"? Republican Presidents aren't troubled by this "legally" crap,
perhaps Obama should follow their lead.

Lincoln ignored the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court when Lincoln's
suspension of Habeas Corpus was overturned. Nixon said it plain, it the
President does it, then it's not illegal. Reagan knew that pesky arms
embargo on Iran was more a suggestion than a law. And of course Bush 43
knew that the Constitution is meant to be a flexible document, with
wriggle room for things like reading mail or listening to phone calls
without a warrant, holding a citizen indefinitely without charges much
less a trial, authorizing torture by announcing it isn't really torture,
and so on.

"Legally"? My goodness, we've become awfully delicate about the law
since a Democrat was elected President, haven't we.

Democrats never do anything wrong and Republicans are little angels too. :-)

TDD