Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Homophobia USA

Now that the TSA thread is dead, thank heavens, here's my take on the
guy who went viral with "Don't touch my junk...".

Aside from giving birth to innumerable songs and jokes, his
indignation calls attention to what some other countries consider
American males' exaggerated attitudes toward their "junk".

First, that's an interesting way to refer to one's priceless
possessions.x

Second, so what if the TSA guy brushes your nuts, intentionally or
not. Has that caused them to wither and fall off? Or otherwise
damaged your "manhood"? To me, this is part & parcel of the
ridiculous and harmful attitude that has either kept gays in the
military in the closet or caused them to be thrown out. Sometimes
with actual harm to the U.S., as when skilled translators or
intelligence operatives are discharged under DADT. The rank&file have
been repeatedly shown in surveys to be accepting, but it's the senior
officers, trained in an older cultural mindset, that are perpetuating
this losing strategy.

Wimp Obama could have ended this nonsense with an executive order, as
did Truman with racial segregation. Instead he bucks it over to the
Congress, as with so much else, notably health care. Where's the
leadership???

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

Higgs Boson wrote:

Now that the TSA thread is dead, thank heavens, here's my take on the
guy who went viral with "Don't touch my junk...".

I just killfiled that thread, too. Wish I knew how to killfile a
poster and all the followups. Do you have *anything* to offer in
the way of home repair?

[that's rhetorical, as I won't see your reply]
Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/28/2010 3:00 PM Higgs Boson spake thus:

Now that the TSA thread is dead, thank heavens, [...]

Well, at least that thread (all those threads?) was marked "OT:". Why
didn't you mark this thread as such?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 28, 4:13*pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 11/28/2010 3:00 PM Higgs Boson spake thus:

Now that the TSA thread is dead, thank heavens, [...]

Well, at least that thread (all those threads?) was marked "OT:". Why
didn't you mark this thread as such?

My apologies; I simply neglected to mark it OT. I gave myself
a time out in the corner for a nano-second. g

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/28/2010 6:52 PM Higgs Boson spake thus:

On Nov 28, 4:13 pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 11/28/2010 3:00 PM Higgs Boson spake thus:

Now that the TSA thread is dead, thank heavens, [...]

Well, at least that thread (all those threads?) was marked "OT:".
Why didn't you mark this thread as such?

My apologies; I simply neglected to mark it OT. I gave myself
a time out in the corner for a nano-second. g

Good. I was going to suggest 10 lashes with a wet noodle, but a time out
works too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Higgs Boson wrote:

Wimp Obama could have ended this nonsense with an executive order, as
did Truman with racial segregation. Instead he bucks it over to the
Congress, as with so much else, notably health care. Where's the
leadership???

Legally, the president can't end DADT with an executive order or military
command. DADT is federal law (10 USC 654).

[see http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/654.html ]

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
[...]

Home in Crawford, TX. Do you miss him yet?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:

Wimp Obama could have ended this nonsense with an executive order, as
did Truman with racial segregation. Instead he bucks it over to the
Congress, as with so much else, notably health care. Where's the
leadership???

HB

Home in Crawford, TX. Do you miss him yet?

Give me another thousand years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob F" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:

Wimp Obama could have ended this nonsense with an executive order, as
did Truman with racial segregation. Instead he bucks it over to the
Congress, as with so much else, notably health care. Where's the
leadership???

HB

Home in Crawford, TX. Do you miss him yet?

Give me another thousand years.

Yeah, that Obama. Now there's an impressive leader.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
Now that the TSA thread is dead, thank heavens, here's my take on the
guy who went viral with "Don't touch my junk...".

Aside from giving birth to innumerable songs and jokes, his
indignation calls attention to what some other countries consider
American males' exaggerated attitudes toward their "junk".

A part of it has to do with most men not wearing suits any more.

The fitter routinly had to at least "brush again" your junk just to ensure
the suit fitted properly.

OT: the was a shaggy dog joke years ago about the tailor who could tell a
customers his measurements just by looking. A new customer had his nuts
cut off because the doctors told him that by process of elimination that was
the only way to eliminate his headaches. He decided to get a new suit but
when the tailor told him his inseam length, he objected. The tailor then
said, "If you get pants with that inseam length, you will compress your
balls and end up with headaches!"

Posted to alt.home.repair

Higgs Boson wrote:

Wimp Obama could have ended this nonsense with an executive order, as
did Truman with racial segregation. Instead he bucks it over to the
Congress, as with so much else, notably health care. Where's the
leadership???

Drill Sergeant: "Recruits, count off!"
Recruits: "Won, Two, Twee..."
Sergeant: "Hold it. Are you one?"
Recruit one: "Yeth, are you?"
Sergeant: "Recruit three, could you kill a man?"
Recuit three: "Yeth! But it would take weekths!"

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F wrote:
Steve B wrote:

Wimp Obama could have ended this nonsense with an executive order,
as did Truman with racial segregation. Instead he bucks it over to
the Congress, as with so much else, notably health care. Where's
the leadership???

HB

Home in Crawford, TX. Do you miss him yet?

Give me another thousand years.

I'll give you two. Some are just slower than others.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/29/2010 12:46 PM, Steve B wrote:
"Bob wrote in message
Steve B wrote:

Wimp Obama could have ended this nonsense with an executive order, as
did Truman with racial segregation. Instead he bucks it over to the
Congress, as with so much else, notably health care. Where's the
leadership???

HB

Home in Crawford, TX. Do you miss him yet?

Give me another thousand years.

Yeah, that Obama. Now there's an impressive leader.

Don't be mean, President Obama has much more experience as a community
organizer than I'll ever have. :-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/29/2010 3:16 PM, HeyBub wrote:
Higgs Boson wrote:

Wimp Obama could have ended this nonsense with an executive order, as
did Truman with racial segregation. Instead he bucks it over to the
Congress, as with so much else, notably health care. Where's the
leadership???

Drill Sergeant: "Recruits, count off!"
Recruits: "Won, Two, Twee..."
Sergeant: "Hold it. Are you one?"
Recruit one: "Yeth, are you?"
Sergeant: "Recruit three, could you kill a man?"
Recuit three: "Yeth! But it would take weekths!"

I don't have problems with homosexuals with either type plumbing.
I treat the gay guys like an ugly girl acquaintance that I'm polite
to and the lesbians like funny looking guys from the hood. I read
something a while back about Native Americans believing homosexuals
are possessed by two spirits and are special people. I really don't
think they choose to be gay, it's got to be because of the way their
brains are wired. Like a gay friend once said to me "Who in the hell
would CHOOSE to go through all this crap?" :-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Higgs Boson wrote:

[...]

You're on the right track. There has been much high-level science, on-
line (and in hard books of course) on the biological and neurological
basis of homosexuality. A brief Web search produced hundreds of
sites.

A well-studied reason for the extreme homophobia of some heterosexual
males is that they are aware, on a not too subconscious level, that
they have a homosexual component (as do we all; we all have male/
female components). This frightens them so much that they react by
lashing out by mistreating homosexuals.

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

Higgs Boson wrote:

"...because of the way their brains are wired."

You're on the right track. There has been much high-level science, on-
line (and in hard books of course) on the biological and neurological
basis of homosexuality. A brief Web search produced hundreds of
sites.

A well-studied reason for the extreme homophobia of some heterosexual
males is that they are aware, on a not too subconscious level, that
they have a homosexual component (as do we all; we all have male/
female components). This frightens them so much that they react by
lashing out by mistreating homosexuals.

That's one theory. Another is that God said homosexuals should be strangled
to death. So, for the religious, it's a matter of following the will of God
(tempered by unsympathetic secular law).

Another is that homosexuality is a threat, or at least an affront, to the
traditional family.

Yet one more concern is the possible disintegration of unit cohesiveness in
the military.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

Higgs Boson wrote:

[...]

A gay friend of mine once said that he made the decision the way he
was told to make all big decisions. He drew a line down a piece of
paper and on the pro side he put (I'm not doing this as well as he
did):

1) Can become a hairdresser or ballet dancer
2) Can look at other guys in locker room
3) Can become Liberace

The anti side had:

1) Will crush parents (being at the rebellions stage this could go in
both columns)
2) Will crush grandparents
3) Will go directly to hell
4) Will get beaten up daily in school while being called faggot
5) Will be hated by people who never met you
6) Will be discriminated against in housing and jobs
7) Will have few legal rights that married couples enjoy
8) Will be punched for telling someone that they're cute
9) Can meet folks in a dingy bar which gets busted weekly
10) Can be arrested for having sex in their own home.

The idiot chose to be gay!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Higgs Boson wrote:

[...]

Like Michael Jackson chose to turn into a white woman? 8-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

dgk wrote in
:

Higgs Boson wrote:

[...]

4) Can play the "race/hate/descrimination" card if I don't get my way.

Not way implying all or even many do. I just get ofeeeeeeended [:-)]
with the plethora of various card players.

The anti side had:

1) Will crush parents (being at the rebellions stage this could go in
both columns)
2) Will crush grandparents
3) Will go directly to hell
4) Will get beaten up daily in school while being called faggot
5) Will be hated by people who never met you
6) Will be discriminated against in housing and jobs
7) Will have few legal rights that married couples enjoy
8) Will be punched for telling someone that they're cute
9) Can meet folks in a dingy bar which gets busted weekly
10) Can be arrested for having sex in their own home.

The idiot chose to be gay!

Posted to alt.home.repair

The better to attract white boys (like Macaulay Culkin) to your bed.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

The idiot chose to be gay!

Like Michael Jackson chose to turn into a white woman? 8-)

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

dgk wrote:

[...]

And, as Woody Allen said, it automatically doubles your chance of a date on
Saturday night.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

g sex in their own home.

The idiot chose to be gay!

And, as Woody Allen said, it automatically doubles your chance of a date on
Saturday night.

Actually the Woodster posited that being BISEXUAL was what double your
date chances.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke
Posted to alt.home.repair

Now that the TSA thread is dead, thank
heavens, here's my take on the guy who
went viral with "Don't touch my junk...".

*PLONK*

Now is it PLONK OR "PLOINK"?

I think ploink is MO-BETTA.. You?

It sounds mo grammatically correct.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , HeyBub wrote:
Higgs Boson wrote:

[...]

The "traditional family" seems to be doing fine in Ontario, after 6
years of legally recognized homosexual marriage in that province and 4-5
years nationwide in Canada.

Yet one more concern is the possible disintegration of unit cohesiveness
in the military.

Then why are not homosexuals barred from the militaries of 22 of the
28 NATO nations, Russia, Israel, Colombia, Japan, New Zealand, Philipines,
Serbia, Malta, South Africa, Taiwan, Argentina, Australia, Finland,
Ireland, Peru, Uraguay and Switzerland?

In 22 of these nations, homosexuals are allowed to serve openly in the
military, and 12 other countries as of specific dates lifted
bans or specifically allowed homosexuals to serve, according to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militar...of_homosexuals
--
- Don Klipstein )

Posted to alt.home.repair

Don Klipstein wrote:

Then why are not homosexuals barred from the militaries of 22 of the
28 NATO nations, Russia, Israel, Colombia, Japan, New Zealand,
Philipines, Serbia, Malta, South Africa, Taiwan, Argentina,
Australia, Finland, Ireland, Peru, Uraguay and Switzerland?

In 22 of these nations, homosexuals are allowed to serve openly in
the military, and 12 other countries as of specific dates lifted
bans or specifically allowed homosexuals to serve, according to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militar...of_homosexuals

Uh, the United States is not Russia, Israel, Colombia, Japan, New Zealand,
Philipines, Serbia, Malta, South Africa, Taiwan, Argentina, Australia,
Finland, Ireland, Peru, Uraguay or Switzerland.

And, with the exception of Israel, none of the countries you mention have
had a war with anybody since the issue became notorious. Except, of course,
Serbia, but they lost. Israel is a special case; there women fight in combat
roles, the country has a conscript army, and the religious Israelis - who
would be compelled to strangle homosexuals to death - do not serve in the
IDF.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

g sex in their own home.

The idiot chose to be gay!

And, as Woody Allen said, it automatically doubles your chance of a
date on Saturday night.

Actually the Woodster posited that being BISEXUAL was what double
your date chances.

Yeah, but any old port in a storm, so to speak. I believe most homosexuals
would rather do a girl, but don't know how (to woo her and not be scared to
death).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 30, 6:56*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Higgs Boson wrote:

[...]

Beg pardon, but the above-cited science has been examined repeatedly
in well-constructed experiments.

The three "theories" you list --perhaps sardonically -- have never
been borne out experimentally.

It is encouraging that SecDef as well as POTUS and other biggies are
plugging vigorously to repeal DADT. The last surveys that have been
hitting the news bear out my contention that the fear factor comes
more from the older commanders than the rank & file. Interestingly,
the combat troops, especially the Marines, still have a much higher
percentage of rejectionism. Surprised they are not aware that some
of the toughest combat troops in the world -- to cite Israel, for just
one -- accept homosexuals matter-of-factly.

The precious human resources -- translators, intelligence specialists,
etc. -- that our military has wasted would have been assets to the
"military readiness" that the opponents yammer about. Let's hope this
counter-productive nonsense ends soon. The world did not fall apart
when blacks were integrated into the armed forces by Truman.

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

g sex in their own home.

The idiot chose to be gay!

And, as Woody Allen said, it automatically doubles your chance of a
date on Saturday night.

Actually the Woodster posited that being BISEXUAL was what double
your date chances.

Yeah, but any old port in a storm, so to speak. I believe most
homosexuals would rather do a girl, but don't know how (to woo her and
not be scared to death).

[he-he Guess who]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Maybe the answer to homsexuality in males, is to make females more
easily available? I guess that's one theory. I'd rather make efforts
to keep men in the home, rather than have single Moms raising the
kids. Boys could grow up with a daddy, rather than have to marry a
daddy later in life.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"I'm Offended!" wrote in message

Actually the Woodster posited that being BISEXUAL was what double
your date chances.

Yeah, but any old port in a storm, so to speak. I believe most
homosexuals would rather do a girl, but don't know how (to woo her
and
not be scared to death).

[he-he Guess who]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 02:19:50 GMT, "I'm Offended!"
wrote:

[he-he Guess who]

A friend of Duct Tape? I gotcha.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01 Dec 2010 04:01:45 GMT, Earl wrote:

help!
gays! I'm so scared!

Don't worry. My first bride was named Gay.

Introduction: I'm Oren, she's Gay.

All this before queers were gay.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
news
Legally, the president can't end DADT with an executive order or military
command. DADT is federal law (10 USC 654).

"Legally"? Republican Presidents aren't troubled by this "legally" crap,
perhaps Obama should follow their lead.

Lincoln ignored the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court when Lincoln's
suspension of Habeas Corpus was overturned. Nixon said it plain, it the
President does it, then it's not illegal. Reagan knew that pesky arms
embargo on Iran was more a suggestion than a law. And of course Bush 43
knew that the Constitution is meant to be a flexible document, with wriggle
room for things like reading mail or listening to phone calls without a
warrant, holding a citizen indefinitely without charges much less a trial,
authorizing torture by announcing it isn't really torture, and so on.

"Legally"? My goodness, we've become awfully delicate about the law since a
Democrat was elected President, haven't we.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message ...

Where's the
leadership???

HB

Home in Crawford, TX. Do you miss him yet?

Nope, we're still trying to get out of the last two wars he started, so he
needs to stay retired, writing more fiction.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message ...

Yeah, that Obama. Now there's an impressive leader.

Get back to use when he's started a war on false pretenses and presided over
the worse economic collapse in three-quarters of a century. You *do* recall
that stuff happening while Bush was President, don't you?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 21:10:01 -0800, "DGDevin"
wrote:

And of course Bush 43
knew that the Constitution is meant to be a flexible document, with wriggle
room for things like reading mail or listening to phone calls without a
warrant, holding a citizen indefinitely without charges much less a trial,
authorizing torture by announcing it isn't really torture, and so on.

All this time I thought the liberal were calling the Constitution a
"living breathing document".

We have had for many years, indefinite detention (not military) of
people for decades. All in immigration laws (Mariel Cubans) supported
by our courts of jurisdiction and SCOTUS.

"... reading mail or listening to phone calls without a warrant,
holding a citizen indefinitely without charges much less a trial.."

I've done all the above with legal approval. http://www.bop.gov/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/30/2010 11:10 PM, DGDevin wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
news
[...]

Democrats never do anything wrong and Republicans are little angels too. :-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/30/2010 11:13 PM, DGDevin wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message ...

Yeah, that Obama. Now there's an impressive leader.

Get back to use when he's started a war on false pretenses and presided
over the worse economic collapse in three-quarters of a century. You
*do* recall that stuff happening while Bush was President, don't you?

Oh yes, Bush caused Hurricane Katrina and forced all those Negroes to
stay behind and loot everything in New Orleans. Oh the humanity!

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/30/2010 10:52 PM, Oren wrote:
On 01 Dec 2010 04:01:45 GMT, wrote:

help!
gays! I'm so scared!

Don't worry. My first bride was named Gay.

Introduction: I'm Oren, she's Gay.

All this before queers were gay.

I knew this really adorable girl who was Gay, it was her first name. :-)

TDD