Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Experiences with, opinions on "Shark Bite" pipe fittings?

Vic Smith wrote in
:

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 15:28:41 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

DGDevin wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

m...

Of course the flip side is when you luck upon a person who actually
knows what he's talking about.

Good story. When I run into employees like that I try to find a
manager on the way out of the store and tell them how helpful and
knowledgeable [Carl, Leroy, Stella] was. It shouldn't be necessary
to do that, employees should be helpful and knowledgeable, but these
days you need to point out the good ones to make sure they're still
there next time.

Then the guy will get fired for saving a customer all that money.

I'm sure there's some with useful info, but most of these guys don't
know much about how things are actually done.
I just expect them to know the names of what they're selling and where
it's located in the store.
I was in the local HD a few months ago getting some stuff and found
all I was looking for' except one thing, a faucet handle puller.
Asked the first guy in "plumbing" if they had faucet handle pullers.
Had to describe what it looked like - a little gear or wheel puller.
Don't think he knew what those were.
He said let me call the plumber. Five minutes later I went through
the same routine with the "plumber."
He said he knew what they were and they didn't carry them.
Told me what stores to go to to find one. Far away stores.
Real good info - maybe. Never went to the far away stores.
About 40 feet away on my way to the registers I passed a display rack
and something caught my eye. A faucet handle puller.
I took it back to show the "plumber," but he was gone, so I told the
other guy where to find the faucet handle pullers in his store.

--Vic

I have a couple of friends that work in HD. One (who is a real corker)
was in Kitchens & Baths for a long time. They needed someone in plumbing
permanently and moved them there. Friends choice is do it or quit I
guess.

I was in there getting some plumbing stuff once and was BSing with the
friend. Customer comes and friend moves to them while I stand on the
sidelines. Customer asks some stuff. They yak. More customer Q's. Friend
finally says I don't know. I'm no plumber. Just Google it. I almost had a
personal plumbing leak.