Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default How Do You "TIN" a soldering iron?

In article ,
wrote:

None of your applications are particularly "safety" items - like
aircraft wiring and even automotive electronic control wiring.

Nah, nothing safety related. A few military items, - but they have
plenty of weapons so it doesn't matter if some of them malfunction - and
of course the diving stuff is pretty trivial. I imagine a professional
diver losing voice communication with the surface would be just a pesky
annoyance, in most cases. The wire harnesses we used to make for
surgical robotics weren't too important, either, I'm sure.

There are solid engineering reasons why we do everything the way we do
it, and even if I were in the mood to explain it to you, you'd dismiss
it, because it doesn't fit your brain.

Clare, you just continue on in your little world, where it's a "proven
fact" that many electric appliances last longer if kept on all the time,
fuses repeatedly fail and arc weld themselves back together, and you
know a hell of a lot more than I do about soldering. It doesn't surprise
me, you've been puffing up your chest and playing the expert on
everything since the day you stumbled into a.h.r.

See you on the next thread, over and OUT.