Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y,24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.tech.digital-tv,alt.home.repair
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default only Ni-Mh batteries, a better man than I

On Nov 30, 5:23*pm, "A. Baum" wrote:
On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:20:33 +0000, john gurney wrote:
Just bought a Duracell battery charger yesterday for rechargeable AA and
AAA batteries. (model no CEF24UK)

The first disappointment was that it only charges *two* AA or two AAA at
a time. (usually chargers of this size charge four batteries at a time)..

When I got home it specifically says in the instructions only to charge
Ni-mh batteries, and not any others.

So I rang the free phone number and said I've got a lot of the older
Ni-Cd batteries (like you have...right?) and would it do any damage to
the batteries or the charger to charge them?

Could I get a straight answer, could I hell.

I was very persistant, but she would not answer in a straight way. When
I asked if I could be transferred to a technical department, she said,
"we have 'all' the information".

All you staring blankly out of the window, waiting for something to
happen...
It's a free phone number...... 0800716434

The question I kept repeating was, will any damage be done to either the
charger or to the older ni-cd batteries, if charged up in this charger?

If you can get a straight answer from this women you're a better man
than I.

NiCad and NmMh have different charge needs. Any idiot with a grain of
common sense knows this.

Any idiot with a grain of common sense (seems to rule you out) also
knows an intelligent charger can cope with both types.

MBQ