Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

Default 1000 watt generator enough for a typical refrigerator?

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 08:56:37 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I had much the same experience. I saw ETQ online, Ebay. It was about
the same price. I ordered one, and it showed up a couple days later.
The only "real" use I've given mine has been to run a guy's furnace
while his power was off. Big monster of an ancient furnace. The ETQ
did a fine job, ran it with no strain. Mine is also much more quiet
than I'd expected. I've been around other generators which are loud
enough to do hearing damage while they run. The ETQ is quiet enough to
have a conversation, standing next to it. Of course, it's a two
stroke, so you'll need to have gas and oil mixed. The ETQ is light
enough to carry fairly easily, about 55 pounds. I am very pleased with
mine, and hope you are the same. Might be good to have at home, as a
backup in case your bigger generator has a misfunction. In my case,
I'm going to use my ETQ when possible, cause it's light weight, and
quiet. Save the Coleman (about 75 pounds, and larger) for when it's
really needed.

Good thought. And if I keep both I can help out a neighbor.