Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Homophobia USA

Higgs Boson wrote:

"...because of the way their brains are wired."

You're on the right track. There has been much high-level science, on-
line (and in hard books of course) on the biological and neurological
basis of homosexuality. A brief Web search produced hundreds of
sites.

A well-studied reason for the extreme homophobia of some heterosexual
males is that they are aware, on a not too subconscious level, that
they have a homosexual component (as do we all; we all have male/
female components). This frightens them so much that they react by
lashing out by mistreating homosexuals.

That's one theory. Another is that God said homosexuals should be strangled
to death. So, for the religious, it's a matter of following the will of God
(tempered by unsympathetic secular law).

Another is that homosexuality is a threat, or at least an affront, to the
traditional family.

Yet one more concern is the possible disintegration of unit cohesiveness in
the military.