Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Question for Iggy

Ignoramus9343 wrote:

On 2010-11-30, Steve Lusardi wrote:
I have been impressed by your efforts with your CNC mill. I would very much like a similar machine, but I am not at all sure a
similar effort is financially viable. So, the question is; Have you done a cost analysis of your project? If so, would you mind
posting your material/equipment costs and your hours.
Thanks in advance,
Steve

Steve, I have a spreadsheet here. The tab is "components used".

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Brid...8-Spreadsheet/

You really need to read it carefully.

Please note that it includes the cost of 4th axis stuff, such as
Troyke CNC rotary table, resolver converter, etc. Also includes a new
PC that I assembled.

The mill's cost was $500, but I sold parts of it for $495, which is
also reflected here.

Just remember to multiply the "Iggy scrounge" costs by 2.5X to get the
real costs for the rest of us...