Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default How Do You "TIN" a soldering iron?

In article ,
Tony Miklos wrote:

Well it's been 31 years soldering electronics for a living for me, and
sorry, I don't use, nor need liquid flux.

Soldering electronics for a living, or making a living that involves
some soldering? I've had the liquid flux debate a number of times over
on s.e.r., and I'll say it again he If you don't use liquid flux, you
don't know what you're missing. Or, you don't really solder all that
much, and time and quality aren't all that important.

Some things, some times, sure, the flux core is enough. Nevertheless, go
to *any* facility where hand soldering is done on a production basis,
and you'll find a flux bottle at every workstation. Those little bottles
aren't there to gather dust.