Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Doug Winterburn Doug Winterburn is offline

Default Murphy bed finished - File 1 of 2 - yEnc "IMG_2792 [800x600].JPG"322630 bytes (0/1)

On 11/29/2010 08:04 AM, Leon wrote:
"Doug wrote in message
b.com...
On 11/28/2010 08:33 AM, Leon wrote:
"Doug wrote in message

Follow the DVD set up instructions for safety reasons. Also, double
check the header position to make sure of clearance of the bed when
folded up. If you are going to install lighting, remember to route out
the grooves in the back edge of the vertical panels to install the lamp
cord. I didn't put any lighting in the bookcases, but if you do, you'll
probably want glass shelves. I also cut out baseboard shapes on the
bottom back edge of all the uprights rather than cut the baseboard.

I built a couple of 2x4 and ply stock holders to help manage all the
parts - pic attached.

Make sure you have a couple of furniture dollys to move the bed frame as
that sucker is heavy - or I'm getting old.

THANK YOU!

BTW, the stock holders were helpful when applying the edge banding and
allowing the OverLord to (order me to) place pieces after her job of
staining/finishing.