Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Experiences with, opinions on "Shark Bite" pipe fittings?

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Nov 29, 9:45 am, jamesgangnc wrote:
On Nov 29, 7:47 am, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
Clare Should have opened wider, the oxygen to the brain might have
allowed Clare to get the joke.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"RicodJour"
wrote in

On Nov 28, 9:17 pm, wrote:

As long as the fitting doesn't leak, non of the flouride will ever
see any parts that will corrode - assuming you still have
flouridated
water. In Waterloo region the last municipal election, which had a
turnout of some 40%, had a plebecite on flouridation and by a 1%
margin of that low turnout, flouride was shut off.

It was a son-of-a-dentist joke. Corroding teeth in the Sharkbite...?
Fluoride in the water? Sigh. Nevemind.

They are pretty handy for joining different types of plumbing. I used
a couple to connect cpvc to pex. I don't see any advantage to them
for cpvc or pvc as both are easily glued. I'm guessing the big sale
point is for people with copper pipe that can't solder. Or just get
tired of trying to get all the water out so they can solder.- Hide quoted
text -

....or need to work in very tight spaces like a joist bay-rim joist
area. BTDT

....or need to work near combustible materials.

....or are just in a hurry. BTDT

reply: That was my situation when I went to HD and was buying "stuff" to
fix a burst pipe. The SB changed a three hour job into a fifteen minute
one.

Steve