Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Homophobia USA

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
Now that the TSA thread is dead, thank heavens, here's my take on the
guy who went viral with "Don't touch my junk...".

Aside from giving birth to innumerable songs and jokes, his
indignation calls attention to what some other countries consider
American males' exaggerated attitudes toward their "junk".

First, that's an interesting way to refer to one's priceless
possessions.x

Second, so what if the TSA guy brushes your nuts, intentionally or
not. Has that caused them to wither and fall off? Or otherwise
damaged your "manhood"? To me, this is part & parcel of the
ridiculous and harmful attitude that has either kept gays in the
military in the closet or caused them to be thrown out. Sometimes
with actual harm to the U.S., as when skilled translators or
intelligence operatives are discharged under DADT. The rank&file have
been repeatedly shown in surveys to be accepting, but it's the senior
officers, trained in an older cultural mindset, that are perpetuating
this losing strategy.

Wimp Obama could have ended this nonsense with an executive order, as
did Truman with racial segregation. Instead he bucks it over to the
Congress, as with so much else, notably health care. Where's the
leadership???

HB

Home in Crawford, TX. Do you miss him yet?