Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Electronic pickpocket

Snag wrote:
Gerry wrote:
Legit or not, I do not know. It is any interesting concept to think
about

http://www.wreg.com/videobeta/?watch...a-1884ec348310

Comments?

Ah yes , good 'ol WREG did that piece a few days ago . Only works if your
card has an RFID chip . Works on passports too because now they all have a
chip , but there is a solution . Just wrap it in foil . I believe the term
they used was Faraday cage ... any metallic enclosure is supposed to block
the RF query .

Or just get an RF bag from just about any electronics store. OR visit
your local place that deals with the RF tags used on toll roads. They
have an RF bag for the units so that you can stop it from being used as
needed.

You could even be tricky and make a nice fitted case for your passport
that blocks RF. Just use some thin leather/material with an RF blocker
between the layers. Probably available online or even from the place you
got the passport.

--
Steve W.