Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ted frater ted frater is offline

Default Metal post

David R. Birch wrote:
On 11/28/2010 8:43 AM, Ted Frater wrote:

(snip)

10 yrs in ethical sales and marketing,

Please explain this, it sounds like an oxymoron.

David

OK, so ill be patient and hope you follow.
Theres this elderly guy
walks into my hardware store
looks at the pick and shovel and wheel barrow section.
So I goes over and ask if I can help.
He says he needs to dig a trench
what size I ask?
he replies its 100 yds wide,2 yds deep and 500 yds long
so I ask how long does he think it will take?
he replies not very long.
So,
1.
as an sales person, do I agree with him? saying the tools are ideal for
his job and ability and sell him the tools he asks for?
Or2.
do I take him outside and show him the Euclid excavator that will do
the job without taking the rest of his lifetime and kill him in the
process?
the Co I worked for would have fired me on the spot if I had advised
option 1.
Ted.