Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus18541 Ignoramus18541 is offline

Default Single-Phase, at last! (r2e4)

On 2010-11-27, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 08:29:07 -0600, Ignoramus18541
wrote:

If your machine is like mine, which I suspect (I know that it looks a
little different with the control on the head), it is a very high
grade, precision high performance machine, as far as knee mills go.

Easily capable of 0.001" accuracy.

Crom..I hope so. Or did you drop a zero?

The BOSS-3 (and through at least the BOSS-5) used stepper motors
which limited the resolution to 0.001". With the servo motors, and the
encoders which Iggy has used, he may get resolution down to 0.0001", but
who knows the actual precision with worn ball screws and nuts and the
motion having to go through timing belts from the axis motors to the
leadscrews.

See a specs page from my manual.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Brid...Mill/specs.jpg

``Positioning accuracy +/- 0.0005".''