Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Single-Phase, at last! (r2e4)

Ignoramus18541 fired this volley in
:

If I had to do it again, on an identical machine, I would say it
would take me 50 hours of work to complete.

Yeah, I know about that learning curve. I've had the R2E4 for quite a
while, and always intended to convert it over to single-phase. But I
stayed in that "arm waving" mode all this time, studying skims, reading
about theory of operation, putting up with the RPC noise.

When I finally did it, it was just a few short hours from first mounting
hole to working system. Everything except the spindle motor direction
was right on the first try, and that just took swapping two of the VFD
phases to set right.

LLoyd