Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Single-Phase, at last! (r2e4)

Pete Keillor wrote:

Controlling the spindle is slightly more important, as it lets me
change tools. But, I suppose, I could turn off the spindle manually.

Personally, I would be leery of changing a tool manually under a
program stop. I'd much prefer to turn it off manually. I wouldn't
want my hands on the spindle without being certain it wasn't going to
move. Or are you using a tool changer?

I like your thinking. On enclosed machines the doors have interlock switches but these
are open machines. I'd really hate to be holding on to a cutter or a draw bar wrench and
have the spindle power up.

I've grown to hate touch screens overloaded with buttons. Some are too sensitive and the
action you think you are selecting may not be what you get. This with a non cnc
appplication with a lot of lots of things that can get tripped in manual.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller